Gas hot water systems are one of the most energy efficient options for heating water. These systems are fuelled by natural gas or by LPG. These systems have lower operating costs as compared to electric hot water systems. Many Australian homeowners are choosing to replace their electric hot water systems with gas hot water systems after government’s decision to phase out electric hot water systems.
Types of Gas Hot Water Systems
Gas hot water systems can be classified in two types on basis on their method of providing hot water. These two categories are storage gas hot water systems and continuous flow gas hot water systems. Storage gas hot water systems are units that have a water tank attached to them. These units heat the water and store it whereas continuous flow gas hot water systems provide hot water on demand. Continuous flow gas hot water systems do not have a tank attached to the unit.
Factors Affecting Gas Hot Water Systems Prices
Gas hot water systems prices in Australia vary for different brands and models. There are several other factors like energy rating, recovery rate, type of system etc that contribute to the gas hot water systems prices. Some of the important factors that may affect the price tag of any gas hot water system are as follows
- Energy rating: Energy rating signifies the energy efficiency of a particular gas hot water unit. Units with higher energy rating would be priced higher than those with lower energy rating.
- Recovery rate: Recovery rate refers to the ability of the system to heat certain number of gallons of hot water in an hour. Systems with higher recovery rates have ability to provide substantial amount of hot water in short span. Gas hot water systems with higher recovery rate would cost more than the ones with lower recovery rate.
- Type of System: Gas hot water systems with storage tanks are priced lower than that of gas hot water systems with continuous flow. Similarly gas hot water units with stainless steel tanks are priced higher than the tanks with enamel or glass lining within the system
Gas Hot water System Prices in Australia
Prices of gas hot water systems depend on the Brand, the warranty and several other factors. Five star storage gas hot water system prices in Australia are in the range of about $800-$1200 whereas a two star efficiency storage gas hot water system in Australia would cost you about $700-$1000.
Five star efficiency continuous flow gas hot water systems prices in Australia are in the range of $800-$2100, whereas a two star efficiency continuous flow gas hot water system in Australia would be in the range of $600-$800.
Find out gas hot water systems prices in your city.
- Gas hot water systems prices Melbourne
- Gas hot water systems prices Sydney
- Gas hot water systems prices Perth
- Gas hot water systems prices Brisbane
- Gas hot water systems prices Adelaide
Gas hot water systems are energy efficiency as compared to electric hot water systems. Gas hot water system prices depend greatly on energy rating, make and the model and the recovery rate of the unit. You should compare prices and features of different units online before making the final choice.